The Logo Design Competition UPDATE
Thank you to everyone who entered our Logo Design Competition.
The category winners have been chosen and will be announced soon!
The Town received 17 submissions over the three categories - a great result.
The next step is to develop our new logo/brand and we will keep you up to date with that progress over then next few weeks.
In the meantime, if you have any queries please contact the Town on (08) 9339 9339 or via email email@example.com
The current crest was developed for the Town in 1897. It has significant historic merit and will continue to be used in conjunction with a new logo. The Town is rich in history and heritage, and is recognised for the integration of our heritage, lifestyle, environment and community values.
In February 2015, the East Fremantle community successfully advocated against the Town being amalgamated back into the City of Fremantle.
The Town is committed to consolidating East Fremantle as a thriving and distinctive township, with its strong identity and treasures, both historic and contemporary, both natural and built.
To celebrate the community passion for keeping the Town a unique local government, it is the right time to refresh our brand or logo.
To launch a new logo which gives the viewer an immediate sense of the Town of East Fremantle. We don’t expect that it will represent everything about the Town, but it will say something distinct that our community will naturally respond to.
- To present a professional corporate image of the Town that is distinct and recognisable – make it memorable.
- We want to celebrate the past, and recognise the current and future character of the Town.
- Your design must be original.
- It should be multi coloured, but should also be effective in single colour and/or black & white.
- It needs to be effective when reduced in size - e.g. business card logo is about 1cm sq.
- The design will be used in a variety of applications including the website, Facebook, printed material, signs, banners etc. Logos that have the best extension potential will be highly regarded.
- Remember that logos are used in a variety of ways, on different platforms and in various formats and sizes, so fine details will be lost.
- The best logos are designed using principles of proportion and symmetry.
- Make it fresh and modern yet timeless.
We recommend you research neighbouring local government logos for inspiration and to ensure you achieve a competitive difference - we want to avoid a ‘me-too’ logo.
All submissions to the compeition will become the property of the Town of East Fremantle.
Although only one design will be used to help finalise our new logo, there will be three (3) prize categories.
- Professional artist or graphic designer – an opportunity for local professional artists or professional graphic designers or professional design companies to submit an entry.
Only one entry per person or team can be submitted.
- Non-professional – an opportunity for someone who is an aspiring you artist/graphic artist with a great idea for a logo, to submit an entry.
Only one entry person can be submitted.
- Under 16 – an opportunity for someone who is an aspiring you artist/graphic artist with a great idea for a logo, to submit an entry.
Only one entry person can be submitted.
Submissions from local residents and businesses will be viewed favourably.
Prize: Although only one design will be used to help finalise our new logo, there will be three (3) prize categories
Professional $350 Debit Card
Non-profressional $250 Debit Card
Under 16 $100 Debit Card
Please Note: Town of East Fremantle staff and elected members and direct members of their family will be ineligible to enter. The competition will be judged and prizes awarded by a committee made up of Town of East Fremantle elected members and staff. All submissions will become the property of the Town of East Fremantle and may be used to promote the logo competition or the Town of East Fremantle in the future.